Wednesday 5 September 2012

All Killer, No Filler - August Round Up

August Round Up

I join the rest of you here when I say that I simply refuse to believe it's September already! This year has been an absolute whirlwind and it doesn't look like it's going to get quiet anytime soon. Here's a quick round up of my highlights from August.

Crown and Glory Boardmasters

1) #bbmeetup - Early in the month I hotfooted it to Bristol to hang out with the South West's finest fashion bloggers. We ate Nandos, had epic gossips and the day ended far too quickly. I for one am calling for a Christmas reunion! Read about it here.

2) We hit Boardmasters Festival! Our biggest selling event to date saw a total of 100 headbands, 50 metres of wire, 200 clip bases and whole lot of blood sweat and tears be shipped just down the road to Newquay for a weekend. We camped in glorious weather, met some long-time fans, sold out of many pieces and even got to play a bit in the evenings. I can't wait for next year! Read the rest here.

3) Company Magazine featured our Whole Lotta Rosie headband in Black in their August issue - I think this is my favourite shoot by them including one of our products to date! Can I now say I've been in a swimwear shoot?!

Crown and Glory Little Mix

4) Towards the beginning of the month I got a very exciting email from the stylist to girl-group Little Mix, requesting to borrow some pieces for a shoot. I happily sent of the big box of goodies for the girls, and though nothing more. A few weeks later I stumbled upon this picture of Perrie Edwards from the band wearing our Earth, Wind and Fire Crown - but in a whole new way!

5) During August we started releasing pieces for Autumn - glitter animal ears, autumnal florals and snuggle turbans are available now. Keep checking back for new lines, we add new pieces several times a month!

6) The end of August saw a flurry of wholesale orders - the first of which is our new stockist, Chelsea Doll. The collection will be available on their site very soon!

Crown and Glory Chelsea Doll

7) A trip to my family home in France saw a trip down memory lane - whilst going through some photographs, my Mum and I unearthed the first ever Crown and Glory creation! Admittedly I had some help from my Mum but we fashioned this floral crown together for a mermaid fancy dress costume. 15 years later, I still want to be a mermaid.

8) August was another record month for sales - I can't thank you guys enough for your continuing support. Not only do you employ me in my absolute dream, but in a few month's time I'll be in a position to hire. You guys are AWESOME.

9) After 3 weeks apart, I met up with my homance for gossips and a whole lot of celebrating where I was presented with this epic card. Enough said!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...